FAQ - for information about showing in the Gallery
What are the requirements to be a member artist and show your work at the Sidney Art Gallery?
An artist that wants to show their work at the Sidney Art Gallery must submit
- the application
- at least six digital images of their work, including the name of the piece, medium, price
- three for evaluation by the Art Gallery Committee
- profile, including artist's statement, background, exhibitions, gallery representation, education, awards, etc.
After the work has been reviewed, the Art Gallery Committee will contact the artist and, if accepted, the artist must
- become a member of the Sidney Museum and Arts Association and maintain the annual membership
- agree to pay 33% of the sales price to the Sidney Art Gallery or 25% if you volunteer one day a month
- agree to the terms of and sign a consignment agreement.
What are the ongoing requirements to be an artist at the Sidney Art Gallery?
To be an active producing artist, rotating work in the gallery in a timely manner (for original framed art work, every 90 days; for prints, cards, etc. at least semi-annually) and holding a one or two person exhibit of new work as the Featured Artist once every 12 to 18 months. If you choose to volunteer, you will receive 75% of the sales price of your work rather than 67%.
What types of artwork are accepted by the Sidney Art Gallery?
The Sidney Art Gallery features works of original art as well as prints in all media, as well as pottery, metal work, glass work, sculpture, and wood work.
What are the benefits of being an artist at the Sidney Art Gallery?
The benefits of membership with SMAA and displaying your work at the Sidney Art Gallery are:
- Being represented at a 40 year old art association
- Showing your work at the only building in Port Orchard to receive National and state historic designation
- Receiving 67% of the sales price for your work (or 75% if you volunteer at the Sidney Art Gallery from time to time)
- Exposure of your work to a national audience
- The opportunity to be featured/listed on our website
- The opportunity to be a featured artist for one month
- The opportunity to participate in themed and open shows during the year. The 2019 schedule is here.
- 10% discount on all purchases over $10
- A quarterly newsletter sent to the membership that provides information on current shows, and events of the Sidney Art Gallery, the Sidney Museum and the Log Cabin, fundraising and other special events.