Open call for artists
The Sidney Art Gallery
features works of original art and prints in all media, as well as pottery, metal work, glass work, sculpture, and wood work. The Sidney Art Gallery is looking for new artists in the following areas looking to consign their work:
- Metal Art
Artists interested in exhibiting their work at the S
idney Art Gallery should contact the Sidney Art Gallery.
To show your work at the Sidney Art Gallery you must submit
- at least six digital images of their work, including the name of the piece, medium, price
- three for evaluation by the Art Gallery Committee
- application, including artist's statement, background, exhibitions, gallery representation, education, awards, etc.
Once reviewed and accepted by the Art Gallery Committee you must agree to
- become a member of the Sidney Museum and Arts Association and maintain the annual membership
- accept 67% of the gross sales price as payment. If you choose to volunteer with the Sidney Museum and Arts Association, you will receive 75% of the sales price of your work rather than 67%
- the terms of and sign a consignment agreement
- rotate work in the gallery in a timely manner (for original framed art work, every 90 days; for prints, cards, etc. at least semi-annually)
- hold a one or two person exhibit of new work as the Featured Artist once every 12 to 18 months