About the Log Cabin Museum
At the Log Cabin Museum at 416 Sidney Avenue in Port Orchard we'll be focusing on some minor repairs this year in preparation for seeking National Historic Designation. We're also going to try to repair the player piano, originally housed in the Sidney Hotel, before the fire. The Cabin was built in 1914 and sits on the original site. Because of the roses that are planted in front of the cabin and still thrive, the cabin was referred to as 'The Rose Cabin' when first built. When we open in May the mannikins at the Log Cabin, the fictional Orchard family, will be portraying life typical of Port Orchard in 1911. We will be open May through September on Saturdays from 11-4 and Sundays from 1-4. We are always open by appointment. Those interested can call Mary Peterson, our Director of Museums, at 360-769-9551. The Log Cabin is a child friendly museum where many of the artifacts can be handled. There is no charge for the Log Cabin. Donations are accepted.