Guest Blogging Requirements
Guest Blogging Requirements
The award-winning HubSpot Inbound Marketing Blog has over 330,000 subscribers and attracts more than 1.5M monthly visits, and so are expert in handling blogs and guest bloggers with exceptional blogging skills who share their internet marketing expertise with a large audience of marketers and business owners. With thanks to HubSpot for the rules, the Sidney Museum and Arts Association is looking for comprehensive, action-oriented, how-to style posts that will teach or entertain our readers in various aspects of our mission – Preserving History ~ Promoting Art.
SMAA Blogging Requirements
Post topics may include (but are not limited to): Port Orchard, history of Port Orchard, history of South Kitsap, art, business of artists, recipes, volunteer of the month, art shows, Orchard family stories, events, fundraising efforts, non-profit topics.
How to Submit:
Please email your completed article to blogging [at] sidneymuseumandarts [dot] com. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions. If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
Guest Blogging Requirements for the SMAA Blog:
- Well-written and high-quality original article (we all know how Google hates duplicate content) related to our mission of preserving history and promoting art that fall within our content strategy
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of the SMAA blog.
- Short, (1-2 sentence) author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website. Remember, Google frowns upon guest blogging as a link building technique.
- To adhere to Google's guidelines for guest blogging, articles that are clearly intended as a link building scheme will be rejected. So please be thoughtful about any links you include in articles you submit for consideration.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality and comprehensive (Too vague? Check out our existing articles for some guidance.)
- Post submitted in HTML or in a Word document or a simple text file,
with any image files (including attribution) attached separately
- Submissions must meet the SMAA blogging team's quality standards in order to get published.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it's that whole duplicate content thing again), but you're more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- The SMAA blog editorial team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.